Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

We're washing clothes, Reader! They delivered the new new new LG-brand washer today. And I've been washing clothes for hours. 

One thing to note about these new "energy efficient" washers. They take a long-fucking-ass time to do a load of clothes. I haven't quite reconciled how a load of clothes that used to take about 45 minutes to wash, now takes an hour and thirty six minutes is efficiently using energy.  

I stood down there and watched it for a good bit, to see what all the fuss was about. It's rather addictive viewing with the glass top. It does a lot of slow spinning. For minutes and minutes and minutes at a time. And then some jerking and some shooting of water, and I"m not really sure how it's beating the dirt out of the clothes, but they come out smelling clean so something must be happening in there. 

We got almost everything washed, including the bedding. But I'm not exaggerating when I say it's been an all afternoon process. I'm tired. But I have one last load to dry. 

We go on vacation in the morning. Don't come and steal my washer. 

No comments: