Sunday, April 17, 2011

Red Velvet, We Meet Again

Joanne's friend Melanie had a delicious surprise waiting for us in our cruise ship stateroom: A package of Red Velvet Cupcakes. If you recall, I am quite fond of cruise ship red velvet cupcakes. Yes indeedie. It was really all I could do not to open them up immediately and shove one between my lips. But always the lady, I waited for Joanne to make the first move on them. That's me, the Lady.

We enjoyed them on our balcony after a long day of sightseeing/touring somewhere. A nice cold cuppa milk, fresh showers and our pajamas, and the cupcakes were ours.





They were all the sweeter for having waited until the perfect time to indulge.

P.S. After typing this little Cupcake Recap, I remembered that wasn't the way it went down at all. In fact, I opened the package Day 1 - almost immediately upon seeing them - and shoved one in my face, and even said something like, "I don't care if you're eating them or not, I'm having one NOW!!" and I did. There's no "lady like" when Red Velvet Cupcakes are in the room.

Thanks, Melanie. I blame you for all my un-ladylike behaviors. All of them, even the ones that don't involve cupcakes. Shew, it's nice to have a fallguy.


No comments: