Monday, October 31, 2011

Almost Halloween 2011



Pretty Fall evening in Ohio.

Kenny & I got up at noon on Sunday. We went directly to a movie, and saw the new Justin Timberlake disaster, something about running out of time. Wow. Bad. Really really really bad.

Then, we had tickets to a fundraiser at the chain restaurant next to the theater. We supported St. Jude's Children's Hospital by eating Subway sammichs, hotwings and cookies. That's my kinda charity work, frankly.

We were watching the football game. And suddenly I had to leave. I was just itchy, jumpy - restless. I hadn't seen daylight, or not much of it anyway.

So I ditched the party. I was going to go home and get some Sunday Things done around the house, but I drove right by the towpath trail and decided to turn in. The sun was shining, the air was crisp. I was going for a walk. I happened to have my camera in my purse and captured some of the scenery.

I had forgotten how nice it is to spend time on the towpath. I used to go there a lot, back in my old married life. I had a bike rack and would bike along the path, or walk my dog. Nowadays, it's more difficult as Kenny is NOT Mr. Outdoorsman. But I decided that while he may not be, I like a little communing with nature in the form of a walk along the trail.

It did a lot to restore balance in my mood. I hope to do more of it before the snow flies. But no pressure on myself, I don't want to take away the pure enjoyment of it by setting guidelines and timetables.

No comments: