Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's Good to Have Friendies

It was a good weekend. I found some relief from being swallowed up in pain. I had a massage on Friday, a therapeutic massage, not a frilly-silly-vacation-type massage. This one had to Accomplish Things, like get rid of some pain. It did a good job.

I walked around the house Sunday sans cane. Who knew that would be my standard for being a good day? Well, there you have it.

I've got other things to write about, tomorrow perhaps. I don't want to make every post about my poor dead Stanley or my poor bad back.

I will say this: I received a little pile of cards from friends and co-workers, and if I ever wondered about my career path being anything needed in this world, I realized the power of a card in the mail. When you're feeling disconnected from everyone, a card is a little envelope of cheer that arrives on your doorstep, to let you know people do like you and miss you when you're not around. I found myself giving the Sally Field speech to Kenny: "They like me, they really like me!" Thanks, Friendies.


No comments: