Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Holy Grail

By now you should know my love of cake. Red velvet in particular. So when Eye Spied a box of Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake at Sam's Club last week, there was no question in my mind that it was going into my shopping buggy. Kenny looked at the cake, to my face, back to the cake, and pondered how that was going to fit in to my Weight Watchers Online weight loss efforts.

"I'm buying it for the holidays! Not for me! We'll surely be attending a lot of holiday events, it'll be nice to have it in the freezer and ready to go."

I've been using that box of cheesecake like an advent calendar. Every day I slide open the edge, look for my slice of surprise inside and move it right out and into my mouth. Sadly, I've eaten more frozen pieces than thawed. Last night I took out three pieces, one to eat last night and then two pieces to thaw for the weekend (one for both of us, for Sunday evening dessert or something).

This morning I opened the refrigerator and "tasted" the thawed version. The next thing ya know, I had eaten an entire slice WHILE I WAS MAKING BREAKFAST (french toast, another sugary confection).

Pray for me, Reader. It's the only thing that can help me now.
And no, I apparently can't have that in the house again.

p.s. - I lost 1/2 lb this week, despite the advent Cheesecake.


No comments: