Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hairs Lookin' At You

Another day, another new hair color. I present you with Going-On-Vacation Blond!


Yeah, no makeup on, looking a little haggard, but whatev - my hair looks fantastic! And it's silky soft to boot!
Plans for getting ready ready for vacation early are actually working out somewhat. Still have some things to take care of Friday night, but not nearly the amount I normally save up for the last minute and work myself up into a tizzy over. I even ran last-minute errands tonight rather than Friday night - see, all that thinkin' and plannin' and doin' ahead! I'm treating myself to a blog, a glass of wine and Chef Ramsey as a treat!
Oh, You Know You're Old When....you make a special trip to go to Walgreen's before vacation to get Pepcid AC and some As Seen On TV gadgets. I popped in there tonight after Hair and spent $74 on vacation shit and other shit. I've been curious to try that crazy Smooth Away device, the little buffer pads that whisk away hairs and exfoliate at the same time. Internet results have varied, from proclaiming them the best thing since sliced bread to pieces of sandpaper that abraded the skin.Well, I now own it and will be trying it out tonight. In an out-of-the-way location, however, in the event they are a disaster and take an inch of skin off my person.
Unbeknown to me, Walgreen's has an entire section of As Seen On TV items. In addition to Smooth Away, I picked up those bags that are supposed to keep your fruits and veggies fresh for weeks upon weeks. I can't wait to test those out! They had just about everything you could possibly want, and I may need to do some Christmas shopping from that aisle. Betcha can't wait to see what's going to end up 'neath your tree this year!
Since I also got a fabulous fun manicure tonight, Kenny is now responsible for all the heavy lifting from this point forward. He's charged with doing the remaining dishes, opening things that may risk chippage, and any other chores I send his way. It's still a fair trade for him, I did almost all of the packing and laundry.
Okay, I can blog no longer, I've got those Smooth Aways vying for my attention and I need to get to buffing those hairs away! Do you see the irony here - I paid a small fortune to tend to some hairs that I want to keep, and then more money to get rid of other offensive hairs.

No comments: