Saturday, January 10, 2009

Downsized

A few months ago Work started offering a salad bar feature with the promise to toss your salad for you. Well, what girl wouldn't enjoy someone tossing her salad for her right there in the middle of the workday?
The salads are a large portion, and can include a plethora of goodies including fresh mozzarella, feta cheeses, cranberries, walnuts, etc. - a far better deal than our large cafeteria that charges by the weight, these were offered for $4.49, regardless of how much was stuffed in the 2" deep bowl.

They are delicious and have been my lunch selection of choice for the past month. And then over Christmas I noticed the bowl seemed decidedly smaller. I thought maybe I was imagining things, so I took it to task and measured. The original bowl for $4.49:


The new salad bowls. They have been downsized, by more than an inch! The price remained $4.49.


I found out on Friday that they have been given their pink slip. As of next week, I won't be able to get my salad tossed at lunch, at any size or price. I shoulda known it was too good to last. Goodbye, Delicious Salad. My afternoons won't be the same without you.

No comments: