Monday, March 17, 2008

Fuck a Leprechaun

Not really. But have a Happy St. Patrick's Day, no matter how you choose to celebrate it! I bought my very Irish boss a bag of Irish treats for Monday: a potato, a box of Lucky Charms and a six-pack of Guinness. Is it St. Patty's Day, or St. Paddy's Day??
I just finished writing up my speech for Toastmasters, which I'm slated to give on Tuesday. Nothing like the last minute - again. Hence the nearly non-existent post. I'm off to bed. To fuck a leprechaun ;). Really, I don't believe any of that is necessary talk from me, but chalk it up to two very full glasses of wine to get my speech-writer juices flowing, and a 1/2 of a Mexican Ambien (more than likely much more dangerous than the US prescription stuff). I foresee a wee spot o' trouble falling asleep tonight (all hopped up on words and wine) so I had to drug up a bit. Drugged up Kenny as well - I don't need him trying sitck his shalaily in the pot o' gold later on (damn, I'm an Irish pun over user) while I'm trying to get some shut eye. He's been having a dickens of a time sleeping for the past week - his internal body clock is all messed up. Maybe the time change. Maybe it's just old age.
Speaking of the time change, I am LOVING these sun-filled later evening hours!! I truly hate the Spring-Ahead-Lose-An-Hour-Of-Sleep change, but as much as I hate that, I've been equally loving the sunlit evening. I feel so much more revived when I get home from work! Like there's hours to actually DO stuff. Huh.

I'll post a longer, highly-anticipated (I'm sure) blog later this week. Gotta dash off to bed, to Kenny and Cats where I can rest in soothing slumber through the night. Oh, one last thing. Kenny and I went to Erie Saturday and ended up spending the night at a Quality Inn since we were up til 4:30 a.m. Well, I always sleep fitfully in any hotel room, and last night was no exception. We had his & hers beds (heaven!) and sometime during the night, Kenny burped SO LOUDLY, it woke me out of a sound sleep and I raised up yelling, "SOMEONE'S IN THE ROOM!!" He sat up and said, "Uh, I just burped really loud, go back to sleep." Just thought you'd want to know about a burp so loud, it sounded like we were being burgled. Or something.
Peace, and Kiss Something, even if it's not Irish.

No comments: