Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Best Part of Waking Up

Driving into Tiny Town today, I noticed the message signs over the roadways that announce important information had this message:

MISSING ADULT
ON LION

Reader.  Before I knew it, my eyes were scanning the horizon, looking for this:


It was a fat, full two seconds before my brain registered, "That can't be right."

Obviously. Because how would they know that the adult was still riding the lion, and hadn't been eaten yet.  


So I looked again and realized I may need glasses or more Folger's in my cup, because the sign actually said:


MISSING ADULT

OH LICN - and then the Ohio license plate number was listed after. 

I was disappointed, to say the least. And then I laughed out loud at myself because for a few hot seconds, it wasn't inconceivable to me that an adult could be out riding a lion. 


Because dreams can come true.



No comments: