Thursday, December 13, 2012

They Took Neil Diamond to Heart

I've shaken off my funk! I still don't have the Christmas abounding yet at the home, but I feel motivated to get it accomplished this week. 

Tiny Town had its Christmas party this week. 

They set up tables in our conference room and catered. It was fine. One of the muckety-mucks spoke.  He speech consisted of something along the lines of, "this is the time you should all feel good about how hard you've worked all year! But you shouldn't, because business stinks." 

Really.  That was the our holiday party message, if not the actual language used. 

And then our holiday "gift" is the gift of allowing us to wear jeans to work until January. 

People applauded. 

They've really got us conditioned, don't they? To be thrilled about the sort of attire we can put on our legs. 

Maybe I'm just a soured old puss, but I couldn't give a fuck about wearing jeans or not. It's easier getting dressed in the morning. But as my holiday treat for busting my ass day in and day out? I can wear jeans. Yay?

They must really believe, "Money talks, but it can't sing and dance...blah blah, I'd much rather be forever in blue jeans."

I'd much rather be having a long chat with Money. 

No comments: