Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Whine

Today was my first day of my official never-gonna-get-another-day-off-again career.  


I tried a new route into the office today.


Took me 50 minutes. 


Motherfucker.


I'm trying trying trying to find something that streamlines my ... patience, I guess. I am not an angry driver. I refuse to get worked up. But I haven't been able to find The Way yet, the one that will skim me through traffic at a steady pace. 


I don't regret leaving my job, but I regret sacrificing my easy commute. And my easy-to-understand vacation time, but that's not my immediate problem.


If only all these motherfuckers would get out of my way in the morning. 


Or I could helicopter in. Because we're within walking distance to Cuyahoga County air field.  


I need to marry Jack Bauer. Because he could fly a helicopter. 


And the ride home? 50 minutes. I even hung around, leaving right around 6:00 p.m. in the hopes of avoiding traffic. 


It was only mildly successful. 


So I guess I have to get there at 7 a.m. and stay til 7 p.m. 


I can hardly wait for winter. Yay me. 

No comments: