Sunday, January 1, 2012

She Knows What She Likes

We spent New Years Eve with grandma Margie & Linda. It was the perfect evening for me to foist my favorite movie, The Help, on everyone. I heart that movie so hard I would like to foist it on everyone I know - and I'm sure I will!

So I brought it over for some pre-Dick-Clark festivities.

Margie couldn't understand it. At one point she made a noise that sounded like "Pfffffffft" and threw her hands at the television in a motion of dismissal.

That didn't thwart me.

At the end of the movie? Margie had this to say:

"You know what's a good movie? One I really liked?"

"No, Margie, what's your idea of a good movie?"

"The Hand that Rocked the Cradle. Now THAT'S a good movie!"

So. A poignant, heart-tugging movie that showcased friendship and the hardships of life pre-Civil Rights movement? That's junk.

Junk compared to a movie with this storyline: After her humiliated husband kills himself, an embittered pregnant widow loses her child, and embarks on a mission of vengeance against a woman and her family.


No comments: