Thursday, November 26, 2009

Breathin' Easy

Ever since the Great Mold Incident of '09 at the workplace, I've had sinus troubles. Now, I can't form a direct link to my stuffy congestion and the Mold, but I know how it started - it came hand-in-hand with my Mold Cough. The congestion gets worse as the day progresses.


So what's a girl to do? Well, just ask Pete & Vera. While at their house for dinner one evening, around the date of the Day I Turned 43, they presented me with the greatest birthday present ever. Well, in context to being 43, that is. And a 43 where you are having trouble with the simplest of life tasks: breathing. They gifted me with a Neti Pot. Or a Nutty Pot as Vera had dubbed it. Pete had actually bought His & Hers Neti Pots for himself and Vera (who needs diamonds to say "I Heart You"). After they got sick of listening to me wheeze my way through an evening, I was the recipient of Pete's "Hers" pot - unused, of course.




Out of clear concern, Vera wanted to capture the experience for all the world to enjoy. So here ya have it - the Road To A Clearer Nose, in all it's picturesque wonder.



Reading up on this. I'm supposed to fill the little blue teapot with warm water and a salt solution. And then pour it up my nose. Sounds like a great time.


You have to pour it UP your nose, while bending OVER the sink, or it'll go down the throat and make ya gag. I asked Pete to hold my hair, like any good sorority sister would do, but he just tucked it into my shirt for me instead - he didn't want to get in the way of Nostril Cleansing Progress.







Vera, perched on the toilet, made sure to get the iPhone camera right up in my grill the entire time. You can thank her for your enjoyment.

Getting used to it, didn't quite have my head tipped the right way and got a little down the throat. Nice.


What Fun Times looks like:


Waving off the photos while I tried to regroup:




Take 2:
Finally! The cute-as-a-button nose is actually serviceable once again! But notice, the eyes look a little crazy from the experience.


I got a little bit addicted to this thing and have been Nutty-Potting myself like crazy. Kenny's talking about staging an intervention.
I can hardly wait to see what I get when I turn 44. Maybe I'll turn it into a contest for Most Original Idea - but it'd be hard to top the Year of the Nutty Pot.

No comments: