Thursday, September 10, 2009

In the Blink of an Eye

Time Waits For No Man. I think that was the quote that was on the back of the watch in my favorite t.v. movie, The Girl, the Gold Watch, and Everything. Remember that?? Well, time really doesn't stand still - unless you're in a really awkward situation. But even then, it eventually passes. So 11 months have zipped by, and now Alaska looms just a few short hours from now.
I'm proud - and relieved - to say that I've been pre-packing and getting ready throughout this week. Laundry wasn't piled up til tonight - oh, no, sirree! I got on it! I'm partially packed, have to go and finish up the last of it as soon as I'm done with this VIP (Very Important Post). Last night we got all the electronic gizmos rounded up, charged, and packed delicately away, along with the passports, paperwork, etc. Some clothes are in suitcases, just got to shore it all up. One last little load in the washer, giving it the switcharoo here soon. Cats have had a talking to, explaining our departure.
I put Twinkle in charge, as the man of the house. That's his role. Now, he's feeling under the weather, we've had two trying mornings (yesterday and today) where he's been whisked to the vet's office, but we're feeling confident that he's going to be okay. But just in case he's still not back to 100%, I put Toby in the 2nd place position as the Sundance Kid to Twink's Butch Cassidy. So between the two of them, they should be able to keep the house in order.
As far as Twinkle's "condition", well, who the fuck even knows. He was having some sort of breathing issue, making some weirdass noise, and it needed to be checked out. I expected the absolute worst, but for once luck and good cat health was on our side and all systems checked out normal. And of course, just like having your car at the mechanic, once he was there to be checked out he made no weird noises whatsoever. In fact, both yesterday and today, two different vets asked us if maybe the noise we heard was purring. Really??? I've had the fucking cat for seven years. You don't think I can tell the difference between a purr and the sound of breathing weirdness? But this question does make me believe that somewhere along the way, some dumbdick brought their cat in for making a strange noise and it was actually purring. So who knows.
The vet took x-rays yesterday, deemed all systems normal, then this morning he threw up when he tried to eat breakfast. So back we went. He got some big, kick-everything's-ass antibiotic shot which will be good for a two-week dose and he should be back to his rompin'-stompin' self within 24 hours. He's eating, which is good, and the cat noises have calmed down, so we're going to go on vacation with no worries.

Flight takes off at 6:30 a.m. - woe, woe, woe. Whoa. That's early. So on that note, I'm going to get offa here and take care of the rest of my bidniz. I may get a chance to post an update or two - if not, my special peeps (Rob) will get an email - sorry for the neglect this week, have been too busy to email!

No comments: