Tuesday, August 11, 2009

With A Rebel Yell

Why the hell am I so addicted to this stupid chubby-chix dating show More To Love?? Good Lord, it's an emotionally pathetic bunch who need a lesson in support bras. Now, I'm not one to throw chocolate chips at the girl who likes a cookie - oh, no, far be it! But seriously. Get a little bit of pride, Ladies. Or don't, because apparently I enjoy you just the way you are.
*******************************

Last Friday night my friend Joanne and I enjoyed a night on the Downtown. We had tix to see Mary Poppins. It's official: I have some sort of weird crush on British nannies. Supernanny Jo isn't alone in my affections.
The show was fantastic. We had 4th row, off to the side, but definitely not a hindrance at all. After, we walked down to East 4th Street where we had drinks at Cadillac Ranch until 1:00 a.m., when we decided we were hungry and went in search of food. Obviously not schooled in the workings of Downtown, we didn't realize that kitchen's close at 1:00 a.m. We were directed down to a little hole in the wall where we tentatively but hungrily ate club sandwiches before walking back to our hotel. We were turning our night out into a whole event, using up my last free night at the Marriott before it expired. All-in-all, it was a very fun evening out. And much needed, with all the cat problems I've faced lately.

While I realize you want More, More, More! of these fantastic insights, I'm off to paint my toenails and try and find something to exfoliate my elbows. Yes, I lead an exciting life. Eat your heart out.

1 comment:

Becky Brown said...

Oh! I, too, am fighting an addition to "More to Love!" And I, too, just want to get those girls into counseling. Dating a cute guy is not going to solve your problems! Get some self confidence and self respect - they're nice and they go with anything - just like a good support bra.