Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pre-Vegas Weekend

Bright-light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire!

Yep, it's that time again - VEGAS this coming week! How fun for us - I never get tired of that place. Yea for us, and all our friends who will be travelling with us. We've got eleven of us so far heading out there. That's quite a big, fun group and the perfect time for Kenny to finally win the MegaBucks - with all our friends already out there to share in the celebration! That's sure a lofty dream I have there.

Other than getting ready for our trip, it's shaping up to be an uneventful weekend so far. We've got shitty house shit on the agenda to take care of this weekend. I can't seem to find my clothes, so that's a No. 1 priority today, need 'em for vacation. My summer clothes, that is - I had 'em on our April cruise, don't know what happened to them since. Maybe I put them away in the storage container under the bed. Maybe. I threw a stompin'-ass fit about it the other day, it all - ALWAYS - circles back 'round to the lack of storage space we have here. If I had a big enough closet, I would be able to find my clothes. If I make it through this part of my life, I'm sure I'll come out the other side more tolerant and patient. I'm sure there's a lesson in here somewhere.
June moved in with authority, with record-highs yesterday. Thank God we ponied up the money for central air last year. By "we" I mean Kenny. We took non-unused air conditioner window units to Timmy's last night, that's quite a change since he normally likes it sweltering down there. I haven't even gotten the back porch cute-ed up yet, it was too cold in May to really think about it, and then super-duper hot overnight. No balance in Cleveland.
I'm at a cross-roads at the moment. Do I haul up, get ready and go to the gym, or just spend the day here "working out" moving and hauling stuff around? In theory, I could do both. It's still early, maybe I'll work on the porch til noon, then go to the gym once I'm feeling all motivated and partially accomplished. There, I just made a plan. I know you're excited.

Okay, that's it for now. There's only so much excitement that can be handled all at once. More thrilling excerpts of my life to be posted later. Pace yourself!

No comments: