Monday, May 5, 2008

Getting My Cha Cha On

Two words that strike terror into my heart: Electric Slide. Yes, I'm possibly the only person who does not have the coordination to do the Electric Slide. Despite this, I took my very first class at the gym tonight! It was a big big move for me, I haven't participated in any of the classes and tonight I decided to just jump right in with two left feet. It was fun, and awkward, but it was the first night so we were all in the same boat. The instructor taught us a variety of line dances and I am proud to say I was able to wiggle my way through the Cha Cha Slide. So that's my new thing for the month of May, I'm going to try out a few more of the classes and give 'em a whirl. Maybe I'll actually get a little vertical rhythm!
It was all-in-all a very fun Monday. We did some competitive shopping this afternoon, leaving work around 1:30 and called it a day when the shopping was done. I was home in time for a little Judge Judy, a quick nap, a peanut butter sammich and then off to the gym. Kenny's at the House of Blues tonight DJ'ing some type of shenanigans.
I got our Mother's Day plans arranged today, almost last-minute, but I managed to get early reservations at Buca de Beppo for Sunday at noon. I need to order a birthday cake for Sophie as well, so I'll take care of that on Tuesday.
It's shaping up to be another fun, busy week. Tonight I ordered tickets for a House of Blues event this Friday night, some type of Honky Tonk show with a Garth Brooks cover band (I think that's the polite term for impersonators). I figured even if Kenny can't go, I'll be able to drum up someone for that.

CSI: Miami has to be the worst-acted show on television. I have extreme dislike for the redheaded dude on the show, David Caruso - he overacts more than Captain Kirk! He's just the WORST, not to mention extremely unattractive. His eyebrows disturb me.
That's my Monday night 2-cents. I'm off to a hot shower and a soft bed.
Peace.

No comments: