Saturday, January 10, 2009

Soups On

Sometimes my grouchy 88-year-old neighbor Stanley snowblows our sidewalk. Today was one of those days, Bless His Heart and his 88-year-old stamina. As I stayed holed up all day cooking and whatnot, I thought it might be a nice idea to take him a big bowl of steamy homemade chicken soup and a couple of Sophie's Recipe homemade potato pancakes (which I made for the first time ever today and they were fantastic!).
He seemed surprised to see me when he came to the door (I've never taken him anything before) but he heartily accepted it and said, "Thanks, Michelle."


You're welcome.

2 comments:

Sarai (Ubi Spiritus) said...

Hi! I found your blog on the NaBloPoMo January 2009 Blogroll.

I LOVE that took your neighbour soup. He is from a different generation and you probably restored his faith in humanity that day. Or at least, you know, made him feel pretty good.

:-D

Trixie Bang Bang said...

I know, who takes a neighbor soup in these days?? My Grandmother does, that's who - I'm learning from her ;) Thanks for the comment, I've been spending many hours reading fascinating blogs on blogroll - what fun!