Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Quickie

My nails are too short and my leg hair is too long. It's a rather uncomfortable day to be me. I picked my nails off last night during the movie Frost/Nixon. Just a habit, but now they're super-short to the point of being a little painful. My leg hair is long enough to be abrasive against my pajama pants. I haven't shaved them since my "date" with Jack Bauer a couple of weeks ago. I should really make "Personal Maintenance" a higher priority for 2009.

Just heard the weather's causing I-480 to shut down in some areas. Drat. We have plans to try a new restaurant tonight, but are now a "tentative, contingent on the weather." Don't need a steak that badly.

I'm going to spend some time today eking out a menu plan for myself for the coming week. Some simple planning ahead will produce some healthy, tasty lunches for myself. Since I really don't go out much for lunch anyways, might as well bring in some healthy choices. A co-worker, Kim, is into holistic eating and has given me some guidelines. Not sure how good they really sound, but I'm willing to try some of her concoctions, which include dishes such as brown rice, edamame, cannelloni beans, salmon and soy sauce. She assures me I'll have a rockin' bod if I eat that kinda stuff for lunch. She also told me that she read that if you ingest a teaspoon of molasses a day, it'll prevent gray hair. I'm going to be the guinea pig for that experiment, as soon as I get some molasses. Kim told me that it tastes pretty rough and you really have to want the benefits to get it down. I don't know how it can be that bad, they created a cookie with it. If it's good enough for a cookie, it's good enough for me.

That's if for a short rundown, I need to stop procrastinating and go to the gym.

No comments: