Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Meh. I'm not going to do the "Things I'm Thankful For" post. We went out last night after turkey dinner and drank. I'm hungover (a little). I'm not thankful for that. But it was fun(ish) and the bar was packed and it was just at the end of our street and our post man owns it. We were supporting the neighbor(hood).

Something.

Now? I just want to lie (lay? lei? - stupid word rules on this one) about.

Long Island Iced Teas foiled my up-at-the-crack-of-dawn shopping plans. We were going to DO IT! this year and be a part of Black Friday shopping. I have never ever done that. This was going to be the year.

Maybe I should be thankful for too much to drink, it probably saved me a ton of money not buying shit I don't need, and helped keep my stress levels low.

Kenny and I discussed pitching a tent and camping out in front of Walgreens or CVS - one of those stores that never gets shown the Black Friday love. We were going to be the first in the door for 1/2 off a bag of Dove chocolates or whatever it was they had to advertise.

But then we didn't.

We did have a nice Thanksgiving meal, with a lot of kids and it was noisy. Too noisy and I was happy to leave the screaming after a couple of hours.

Kenny's grandmother caught some sort of a stomach flu/virus. She stayed home. She was in a pretty bad way when Kenny went to check on her (we were 2 doors down with cousins). We grabbed up the grandpa and went over to tend to her because Kenny needed reinforcements. There was literally shit and vomit everywhere. She couldn't control it. I was worried she was going to dehydrate (she's 90!) so we ran to the drugstore for some shit-stopping medicine and some Pedialyte (I didn't know what else to get, but I know that's good for babies when they can't keep anything in). It was a big hotmess over there, but Kenny's mom got it squared away and everyone seems to be doing a little better today.

Today? We are headed to my cousin's, she's hosting 2nd Thanksgiving. I hope this one doesn't end with shitting or drunkardness. I'll be very thankful for that.

The end.

No comments: