Monday, June 30, 2008

Mine. Mine. Mine.

Amazing what you can accomplish when you, uh, get up off the couch. Yep, that's all it took to have a Sense of Accomplishment on a mundane Monday night, but lemme tell you, getting off the couch isn't as easy as it sounds. I was in a deep and satisfied snore around 7:20 p.m.
But I got off the couch. Took a while, I had to rest, napping through some Everybody Loves Raymond reruns, but I finally convinced myself to go to the gym. I had a pretty good workout, the first in a long time (Saturday excluded), ran my ass off (not all of it, there's still plenty there) on the Elliptical machine. Kenny and the guys were up at Parma Tavern, having beers and watching something I don't even understand, Arena Football, whatever the hell that is. They wanted me to come up after the workout, but I was a hot mess and declined the invite. I needed some alone time anyway. Got back home and it we still had the shadows of daylight, so I planted some flowers in the front bed, they'd been sitting there unplanted for about two weeks. It's been too Dark and Stormy to plant, but I threw them into the very wet earth and called it a job, done. Not perfect, but done.
I had a lot of earth stuck to my Nike Shox, perhaps I should have changed shoes before digging around in $90 sneakers. But it was a strike-while-the-iron-is-hot moment. Came in, went directly to the basement (after killing a spider, sorry fella, you're not welcome in the house), did a load of laundry, came upstairs, cleaned shoes, washed a few dishes, vacuumed and took a nice shower. Ah, a full evening. A productive evening. Capped off a productive day at the office. Yes, I made full use of my nine hours at the card mines. Wrote a presentation, attended meetings, Contributed, for God's sake. Whew.
So that's that.

Morning Girl vs. Evening Girl

Friday night I (aka, Evening Girl) made a grand announcement that I was going to be Early Riser Morning Girl, getting up at 8:00 a.m., running errands and getting my Sophie obligations taken care of before noon. Kenny laughed in my face and said there's no way I'd be outta bed before 10 a.m., and probably not until 11. Well, we'll see about that, Sir!

He doomed me for failure. We took in a late-night showing of Wall*E, after a long day at the office, after-work shopping and dinner-cooking, I was exhausted by the time we made it to the theater. But I went. I am in the minority of those who didn't like it. I'm not a good judge of it, though, I'm just not a cartoon lover. Not for me, no thank you. Until this weekend, I hadn't even seen Nemo, not to mention Ratatouille - and I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit. So I didn't like it, couldn't wait for it to end, would have walked out had I been to the movie alone. But I stuck it out with mild complaints. Got home late, too late to be thinking about an 8 a.m. rising and shining time.
Not only did I not get up at 8, I had to force myself to get up at 11:00!! I postponed Sophie, will deliver her goods to her this Friday while I have the day off, and get in a holiday visit at the same time. Saturday I did go to the gym, after all I was quite refreshed, but that was the extent of the strenuous activities. We took in another movie Saturday evening, to compensate for the crap I sat through on Friday, and saw Wanted with Angelina Jolie. Super fun, exciting movie about assassins and bullets that could bend to smash into the target. Much more entertaining stuff, not some crazy robot love. Then, we watched Nemo. Just to see if I really was a cartoon a-hole, or if it was that particular movie. I liked Nemo, it was cute, and I wanted to release my blue fish to the wilds, only I think he would die in Lake Erie and is probably much more content in a bowl on the television. But now I feel bad about it and look at him a little forlornly. What if he has a papa out there looking for him somewhere? Sheesh. Stupid cartoons.

No wonder Morning Girl hates Evening Girl. Evening Girl is all big with the Big Morning Plans that her lazy ass didn't want to do, lays it all at the feet of Morning Girl, who really just wants to sleep. Then she feels like a failure when none of the big Evening Girl plans come to fruition. Morning Girl is not lazy, she's just misunderstood.

On that note, Evening Girl is taking her ass to bed, it's 11:30 already and Morning Girl would like to get a jump on the day tomorrow. Or at least feel somewhat refreshed when she drags out of bed.
More to come later, lots and lots more interesting stuff, including a shit-leaking toilet and a Big Check that was issued. I know, now your interest is piqued and you can't wait to hear more! Later, I promise. Pictures and everything. Peace.

No comments: